Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello Again!




This morning I logged on to my blog page and was delighted to see that I now have 400 followers. Like so many of you, I started this blog more than two years ago because I was so inspired by other blogs I had been following. I felt I should be giving something back to the Art Ed world.

More posts will follow in the weeks ahead detailing what we've been up to. I was lucky enough to have a wonderful student teacher working with me for the first 8 weeks of school and we were able to complete some pretty amazing projects with the students! I am also 31 weeks pregnant, so please excuse my absence from the blogging world for the past few months! I am a busy mom, trying to balance being a wonderful teacher, preparing for a new baby girl to arrive at the end of December, and taking care of a lively, beautiful, and precious 18 month old. Lately I have thought about starting a blog about being a mom!

I hope you are all doing well and again, I appreciate your kind words, encouragement, and support. I have to admit, there have been days that I have stopped to wonder if I am valued at all in my profession. Am I more than just a common planning time? Do I do more with the children than make pretty things to hang in the hallway? The parents from my district, as well as the support and praise of the blogging community, has carried me through some pretty rough patches in the past few months.Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on making 400...thats awesome =)Your blog is so cute..so glad i found it =) drop by!

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the upcoming baby girl! I think student teachers are the best thing ever, they offer so much help. You are a wonderful teacher and now you get to bestow your wisdom on another potential teacher. Good job!

    Please visit My Website: Online PhD UK Funidng

    ReplyDelete